NAVSH Post-Graduate Course
THE EDUCATION OF CARE EXPERIENCED CHILDREN 2023
January 2024 applications are now open.
Stand-alone online Master's level module [EDU7113-30 Independent Study]
30 credits can count towards the full MA Professional Practice course. Credits are accepted in line with Bath Spa University's APL policy which is currently within 5 years of completion.
Flexible part-time programme for busy professionals interested in the education of care experienced children. Teaching starts in September 2023 and will take place entirely online, supported by online tutorials and resources.
Join course leader Glinys Weller to learn more about the NAVSH Postgraduate Course, what to expect and how to sign up. If you can't attend these sessions but would like to find out more then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informational call.
Please email email@example.com if you have any queries about the course.
Who’s it for?
This course will be of interest to people working with care experienced children including carers, adoptive parents and carers, teachers, social workers and virtual school heads and team members. Anyone with a bachelor’s degree can apply.
You do not need to be a member of NAVSH.
What will I learn?
The courses will give you an overview of research findings on the education of care experienced children and attachment, trauma and learning. You will be able to specialise in areas of interest to you.
How will I be taught?
- Online group sessions
- Distance one to one tutorial support
- Personal study and literature research.
- Access to Minerva, the Bath Spa University Virtual Learning Environment
New course prospectus to follow
What do previous students say about the course?
Click below to listen to students describing their experience of the course, why they signed up and what advice they’d give anyone thinking of joining the course. Please note that these students took part in the pre-covid face to face sessions. The course is now entirely online.
Find Out More
Read the prospectus here for course details, costs and how to apply.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2023-2024 postgraduate professional practice course on the education of care experienced children
By completing this form, you are applying to NAVSH for a place on the 2023-2024 postgraduate course on the education of care experienced children. Please complete and return this application by Wednesday 1st November 2023. NAVSH will use the application statement to shortlist applicants in the event of the course being oversubscribed.
Application statement criteria:
- Applicants will be scored on the following if the course is oversubscribed. These are based on the charitable objectives of NAVSH which are to promote an understanding of the education of care experienced children and to promote research in the area.
- Reasons for taking the course – likely benefits for the education of care experienced children you work
- Sharing learning – your ideas for disseminating your learning to others in your local authority NAVSH
- Workload – your strategies for managing the demands of postgraduate study