About NAVSH: The National Association of Virtual School Heads, is a charity that exists to improve educational outcomes for care experienced children and young people. All local authorities in England are required to have a Virtual School Head. NAVSH represents them by working with a wide range of partners and commissioning research to ensure that the educational needs of looked after children are better understood. NAVSH is led by a board of trustees who are all serving Virtual School Headteachers.
The need: NAVSH is now seeking a partner to develop the support offer for members. Currently the offer is a blend of web-based resources and webinars for all members plus a programme aimed at new Virtual School Headteachers consisting of monthly video conferences, webinars and coaching. The resources for members includes a Virtual School handbook which needs regular updating. New content is frequently added to this resource bank.
The development we are now seeking is to put the various support streams into one easy to access online platform. This would be interactive, intuitive, accessible and available on multiple device types. It would be easy for an administrator to keep up to date. It possibly needs to be accessible for paid up members only – or elements of it might so would need the facility to be able to lock down certain areas whilst retaining ease of use and accessibility.
The aim of the product is for NAVSH members to be able to easily access a wide range of resources, webinars, training courses and other materials. These materials will be free to members but accessible for non-members on a pay as you go basis.
NAVSH wants to hear from organisations who can:
- Understand the needs of members
- Have a passion and commitment to the education of care experienced children and NAVSH core values
- Work in partnership with the Board of trustees
- Host regular webinars for members (free) and non-members (payg)
- Offer technical solutions to support the administration relating to booking on, joining and evaluating a NAVSH event so that members can access these easily and administrative burdens minimised for NAVSH. The facility to collate evaluation data following events would be welcomed as a feature, so that NAVSH can use this to inform future events and CPD offer.
- Host regular video conferences for members (free)
- Give easy access to a range of materials and resources for members (free) which may be in a range of digital formats
- Support and facilitate members to develop new content, based on good practice and innovation within their own LA or region, supporting the technical aspects and formatting so that members focus on the content
- Allow an administrator the ability to update and publicise resources easily
- Allow access to a range of readily available training courses relevant for NAVSH members and those in the wider network (payg)
- Make all the above happen in an interactive stand-alone platform or via a link on the NAVSH website, easily linked with social media platforms
- Make all the above happen on laptops, desktops, phones and tablets, equally well
NAVSH would like to see your costed proposals. The closing date is Monday July 12th @ 5pm